Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing #1

I truly believe that we should all be lifelong learners. It is something that I push myself to continue to be through different avenues in my life. As a teacher, I have tried to instill this philosophy in my students and in my classroom.

After watching the video about the 7 1/2 habits for Lifelong Learners, I feel that the most challenging habit for me will be to accept responsibility for my own learning. I tend to stay very busy with different activities and let some learning opportunities pass me by. I can be a bit of a procrastinator and will not take the time to take these learning opportunities. I need to set time aside to specifically work on learning new things. I think I am taking the right step by taking technology courses this summer. This is an area that I have been lacking in and I am beginning to feel more competent in this area as I complete the different courses. During this course, I know I will need to stay on top of the assignments so they do not pile up on me. This may be a little hard because I am on vacation with my family, but I am going to try my best.

The easiest habit for me as a lifelong learner is to use technology to my advantage. I am specifically taking this class to learn about the new technology available. Technology has become such an important aspect of our lives and how we learn. I know that once I become more knowledgeable of the new technology it will become an important aspect of my role as a teacher. That is one of my major goals!

I feel that the most important habit to use as I work through this course is to view problems as challenges. I anticipate that as I work through the different assignments and learn about the new technology, I will experience some technical difficulties. I realize that I might become frustrated when this happens. I will need to stay patient and continue to work on the problem until I have solved it. I know there are many resources out there to help me if I have any problems or issues that I cannot solve. When I have solved the problem, I will have learned more about the concept than if the problem had not occurred.

2 comments:

  1. WELCOME ABOARD! Glad you have joined us for the summer. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you, I am a procrastinator. I try so hard not to be, but it is just my nature. I have learned that in this class I am trying to stick to the schedule. There is so much to do and learn that it will help us in the long run. We are taking responsibility for our learning by taking classes like this one. Good luck and I will look forward to reading your blogs.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete